Don’t Negotiate with Terrorists!
Ephesians 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Intro: In recent years, a word that was rarely if ever used has become a word we hear every day. We are bombarded with news reports and headlines of “terrorists”. Of course, the main-stream media now usually refer to them as “insurgents”. Regardless, terrorists are manufacturers of terror. They delight in terrorizing people. Our government has boldly proclaimed that they simply do not negotiate with terrorist. The reasons for this policy is simple:
A. Negotiating with terrorists weakens the negotiator because you are yielding to their demands.
B. Negotiating with terrorists encourages more terrorism.
C. Negotiating with terrorist means you are giving your mortal enemy something of yours that they want.
D. Negotiating with terrorists is foolish because they do not understand the concept or honor or fairness.
Today, though I may be somewhat concerned about Islamic terrorist, I am far more concerned about the three main terrorists that are wrecking havoc in the lives of Christians and in churches across this country.
Three terrorizing enemies of the believer:
A. The Devil
- 1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
- James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
B. The Flesh
- Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
- Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
C. The World
- John 17:14-16 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
1. Deceitfulness of Satan
2. Desires of the Flesh
3. Depravity of the World
You CANNOT negotiate with them – you will lose!!
I. Don’t give them the Advantage
The main reason many times people are put in a position of having to negotiate with terrorists is because they didn’t do enough to prevent them from getting the upper hand.
If you invite them into your home; into your mind; into your children’s heart; into your marriage; into your church – don’t be surprised if you find yourself one day having to negotiate with them!!
If you give your JOB and your FINANCES unbiblical precedence – don’t be surprised if you find yourself negotiating!
- Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Once you ever start missing church or neglecting your ministries to make MONEY – you’re losing ground.
If you feed your LUSTS and CARNAL MIND all day and night – don’t be surprised if you find yourself negotiating.
- Proverbs 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
- Proverbs 6:28 Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
If you stand around in the grocery store looking through ungodly magazines – you are giving the terrorists advantage!
If you go down to Blockbuster or Netflix and watch ungodly movies – you are inviting them into your mind and heart!
If you listen to music with ungodly, carnal lyrics and sensual rhythms – you are giving the terrorist a first class seat!
If you develop RELATIONSHIPS that are not right – don’t be surprised if you find yourself at the negotiating table!
- II Cor. 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
- 15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
- 16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- 17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
- 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Becoming buddies with the lost and unrighteous is giving the terrorist an advantage. He now has leverage!
Showing too much attention to the opposite sex is giving the terrorists advantage!! You better watch it!
II. Don’t give them Alternatives
- Stand firm on your principles.
- Etch them in stone! – 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable,
- Do not sacrifice your principles – if you ever start, you cannot stop!!
- Make some things in your life NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- Your Morals – don’t even entertain the thoughts of immorality – etch it in stone!
- Your Marriage – don’t give the devil one inch in your marriage – stay faithful to your spouse!!
- Your Money – tithing, missions and investing in God’s work shouldn’t be negotiable – etch it in stone!
- Your Ministry – church attendance, soul-winning, serving the Lord shouldn’t be negotiable!!!
NO DISCUSSION NECESSARY – THIS IS WHAT I’M GOING TO DO – THIS IS THE WAY IT’S GOING TO BE – PERIOD!!!!
III. Don’t give them Apologies
Don’t apologize to terrorists!
February of 2012, some American servicemen accidentally burned some Koran’s as they cleaned up debris at Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. The result was rioting in the streets, 14 people were killed, including 2 American soldiers. America was cursed.
US President Barack Obama sent Afghan President Hamid Karzai a letter of apology over the burning of copies of the Koran overseen by a US officer at a US military base. Obama said the incident was unintentional and pledged a full investigation, the president’s office said. “I wish to express my deep regret for the reported incident,” Obama wrote in the letter presented to Karzai by US ambassador Ryan Crocker. “I extend to you and the Afghan people my sincere apologies.” “The error was inadvertent; I assure you that we will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible,” the letter said.
While terrorists and extremist are killing our soldiers and our countrymen, we have our elected officials APOLOGIZING to the enemy!!!???
What’s worse is when the devil, the flesh and the world are RAPING AND RAVAGING our spiritual lives, our families, our marriages and our churches – and we CODDLE AND CUDDLE AND CARESS them!
We have to stop catering to the terrorists and start taking a harsh stand against SIN!!!
Stop apologizing to THE DEVIL, AND TO YOUR FLESH, AND TO THE WORLD for trying to live for God!!!!
CRUCIFY YOUR FLESH - RESIST THE DEVIL – LOVE NOT THE WORLD!!!!