Cottage prayer meetings were held for quite a while before any meeting house was built. On March 9, 1933, J. D. Steadman deeded a triangular lot of land on south side of Old Rutherford Road for a chapel site for a meeting house. By donations of labor and lumber by the interested community people, a framed wooden meeting house was soon erected. The community prayer meetings were continued, holding their meetings in this new meeting house as soon as it was ready and a Sunday School was organized soon after. The Sunday School was organized under the direction of Rev. J. Earl Freeman, who soon after was elected as General Advisor to these religious services, and preached one Sunday afternoon in each month for those who assembled.
Organized on September 23, 1934 – Mt. Creek, Taylors, Double Springs and Fairview Churches had previously been invited to be under the direction of Rev. J. Earl Freeman, twenty-four Baptist men and women with letters from their Churches were organized into a Baptist Church. The pastors of Mt. present to constitute a council in the presence of which the Church was to organize. Deacons were present from all these Churches except Double Springs. The pastors of Double Springs and Mt. Creek could not attend. Rev. M. O. Owens, pastor of Taylors and Fairview Churches, was present. Also Rev. W. H. Gibson of Sacramento, California and Rev. J. L. Freeman, a retired minister of the Taylors Church, were present and assisted in the organization.
January 24, 1971 – Rev. Larry Raynes called as pastor from Tampa Florida and served faithfully until his retirement on July 23, 2006.
July 26, 2006 – The church voted unanimously to bring Brother Stacey Shiflett in as pastor. Pastor Shiflett and his family were serving as missionaries in South Africa. They arrived on August 13, 2006.